At the start of this month I committed to posting on my blog every single day for the month of October. I didn’t pre-write my posts or anything like that. I’ve literally forced myself to sit down at the end of every day and write. Some days have been harder than others.
Let me give you a breakdown of my October, behind the scenes:
- At one point I had to hide from a massive spider that decided to come live in my room. I made my mum come and save me from it- but I had to wait for ages until she came home. That was a tense time. Willow did not help.
- I found a tree full of about ten squirrels- it was impressive. I thought my dog might faint at the sight of it.
- I went on lots of dog walks.
- I braved the optician.
- I got obsessed with The Sims 4.
- I built a Harry Potter paradise in The Sims 4.
- I watched a lot of YouTube videos
- I started writing a plan for the story I want to write in November for Nanowrimo
- I found my cherished stash of classic Sabrina the Teenage Witch comics
- My mum and I were involved in a car crash
- I went to a class on social media
- I cried in the changing rooms at work *cringe*.
- I got new glasses (which I love so much).
- I cried when I watched Toy Story 4 (again)
- I pre-booked tickets to watch the next Star Wars film with my dad in December
- I made Halloween themed cakes. Pretty epic ones, if I do say so myself.
- I read Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
Most impressively (to me), I completed a challenge I set for myself by writing a blog post every day.
I’m not good at sticking to challenges. I like the idea of them but I do not usually follow through on them. So I’m really happy to have succeeded at something. The best bit about this is the self-fulfilment. I didn’t do this because anyone told me to or to help someone else. I did it because I wanted to. I did it to give myself something to do for my own well-being.
In short: I’m really proud of myself for finishing #Blogtober.
Do I have regrets about the content I chose? Kind of. I’ve got a few half written discussions, book reviews and film discussions in my drafts that in an ideal world I would have posted this month. I also have a lot of ideas in my notebook that I didn’t have the energy to even start writing up. But all of these posts will be good for another day.
I hope anyone who has enjoyed my posts this month will be happy to stick around and see what comes next.
For the moment, I’m going to take a little break from blogging to focus on a novel writing challenge in November. I will still blog here and there, but not every day ;). I’m going to try and come up with a blogging schedule in December so I have a plan in place to post regular content by the time next year rolls around.
Now, if you will excuse me, I’m going to celebrate Halloween by hiding in the dark, with my dog. Maybe watching a Harry Potter film.
Thank you for reading.